You can hike off marked trails in defined areas under particular conditions. These rules are based on List of defined areas (Zoznam vyhradených miest) which was issued 14th June 2017 and is valid until new Visitor rules will be published (still in process).
Mountaineering and climbing
- climbers who are members of alpine clubs when going for a climb (at least III. UIAA or higher) with appropriate climbing gear
- climbing can be started one hour after sun rise and finished one hour before sunset
- there is an alpine campground under Vysoká available for organized groups of climbers (run by Štátne lesy TANAPu, neccessary to contact)
- skimountaineers only in defined areas
- skimountaineering is allowed from 15th December to 15th April during the day (in the period between one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset)
- e.g. with mountain guide or leader (as defined in legislation č. 544/2015 o Horskej záchrannej službe )
- only from 15th June to 31st October during the day
Are these rules too complicated? We are now working on new project – Visitor rules in brief and visual way.